How To Make Persian Roulettes
Not only does Mission Ranch Market carry fresh produce and serve delicious kabobs, we also have a bakery with a variety of Persian pastries! One of our most popular treats is the Persian roulette.
Roulette is a very popular Persian cake that is filled and rolled with fluffy homemade whipped cream. Here is a quick and easy recipe of how to make one!
4 oz. all purpose flour
6 tbsp. granulated sugar
½ tsp. vanilla powder
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1. Start by adding eggs and sugar into a bowl and beat until pale, then add vanilla.
2.When it’s pale and fluffy, add flour and whisk only to blend. Do not over mix.
3. Immediately pour the batter in the center of a baking sheet. Use a spatula to evenly spread the mixture.
4. Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown and immediately separate the sides of the cake from the pan with a knife.
5. Invert the pan onto a cloth and gently lift off the pan to release the cake.
6. Fold the edge of the cloth closest to you and start rolling the cake.
7. Let the rolled cake rest on a cooling rack until it’s no longer warm.
8. Whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla on low speed until soft peaks form.
9. Gently unroll the cake and fill it with whipped cream and spread it evenly on the cake.
10. Start from the side closest to you and gently roll the cake up. Separate the cloth gently from the cake.
11. Use a knife to slice off the end pieces for a more even look.
12. Cover the roulette with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
13. Unwrap the roulette and decorate it as you like!
If you would like to try out a Persian Roulette or any other delectable treats, stop by our bakery today at the Mission Ranch Market of Orange County!
Call us at (949) 544-7272 to inquire!
Mission Ranch Market
23166 Los Alisos Blvd
Mission Viejo, CA 92691